- BY BUS
- Mumbai to satara – approx. 5-6 hrs
- Pune to satara- approx. 2-2.5 hrs.
- Satara to kas – aprrox 35 min
- BY TRAIN
- Mumbai to satara- approx. 8hrs
- Pune to satara- 3.5 hrs to 4 hrs.
- Satara railway stn to satara st stand 15 min
Auto rickshaws and cars can be rented from Satara.
ST buses also ply between Satara and Bamnoli at regular intervals.
ST and private buses run frequently between Mumbai and Satara but the journey time is a minimum 5 hours. If you take your own vehicle or a private taxi and leave Mumbai before 6am, you can make it in just over 3 hours via the Mumbai Pune Expressway and NH4. A third option is by train – the Koyna Express, though this is an unnecessarily long journey. Hotels range from cheap lodges near the bus station to mid range hotels suited for families, many located on the New Radhika Road; to business hotels. We stayed at the Radhika Palace and the Rajtara on separate occasions. Both were clean and decent, with courteous service, tasty food and adequate place for parking.